With the help of our volunteers/instructors, our boxers...
- Enhance their motor skills through routine and consistent exercises
- Socialize with other children with special needs
- Improve their coordination and balance through boxing drills
- Learn mantras of discipline, respect, kindness and self-control
Once in the gym, boxers will have time to acclimate to their environment and instructors, then they will participate in the following activities:
- Hand Wrapping
- Introduction, including Daily Mantra
- Warm up jog/warm up drills, including high knees, shuffle, skipping
- Obstacles including flat surface ladder walkthrough, cones, and step up on stairs
- Drills, including pushing sled, modified jump rope, and foam drill
- Boxing form instruction, including shadow boxing
- Bag work
- Pad work with foam sticks and/or mitts
- Playful sparring, including touching/tapping only
- Core exercises including sit-ups, twists and planks
interested in joining?
Jordan's Corner offers two sessions a year, one in the fall and one in the spring. Each session consists of 12 Saturday Classes.